Marin County Half Marathon
Run a 5K, 10K or a Half Marthon with one of the most beautiful views of San Pablo Bay.
The Marin County Marathon is making a concerted effort to be as environmentally friendly as possible. In doing so, the race will do the following:
- Power will be generated by solar energy.
- On site recycling will be utilized to the maximum effort.
- All paper products will be post-consumer recycled.
- All utensils and cookware will be corn-based compostable.
- Toilet tissue, soaps, paper towels, etc will be biodegradable.
- We will not use regular plastic bottles of drinking water.
- Post event meals will be only natural and/or organic.
- Coffees, teas and other beverages served will only be organic and fair trade.
- Our race packets will not be the typical plastic bags.
- Our goals are to minimize the waste and carbon footprint generated by our event.