SEA Blue Prostate Cancer Chicago Walk & Run
Join us for the SEA Blue Prostate Cancer Chicago Walk & Run. Now in its 10th year, the event is very special in part because it’s grown within the prostate cancer community to mean different things to different people.
- Camaraderie and empowerment for prostate cancer survivors and their families battling the disease
- Compassion and support for those participating as a tribute to the memory of a loved one who lost his battle with prostate cancer
- Education for those seeking information about some of the latest developments in prostate cancer treatments
- Alignment of event sponsors’ goods and services with the needs of the prostate cancer community
- Funding for Us TOO International and Wellness Place, two 501(c)3 non-profit organizations committed to providing prostate cancer survivors and their families with vital services free of charge
Ten years ago, three impassioned volunteers directly impacted by prostate cancer decided to fight back. With a grand vision, they took the first steps that have since inspired thousands of participants to walk or run a total of more than 30,000 kilometers over the past nine years. That’s roughly the distance traveled if one person walked from New York City to Los Angeles—more than seven times! And the distance walked and run has equated to close to $3 million raised to help thousands of people across the country through the prostate cancer education and support services provided at no charge from Us TOO and Wellness Place.
Rain or shine, a crowd sporting positive attitudes and determined spirits will gather again for the 10th anniversary of the event to carry a team flag on the walk, or race to the finish. In addition to the food, drinks, music and friendship, interspersed throughout the day will be education sessions, shout-outs to members of the prostate cancer community, and free PSA testing provided by UroPartners, a long-time event supporter and co-presenter since 2013.
We encourage you to take action and get connected! Please support the prostate cancer community by raising funds to help reach our goal and plan to attend this landmark 10th anniversary event.
Get Help Training
Looking for some training or general running advice? Get your questions answered by a pro!
Schedule a 1 on 1 video chat with some of North America's top runners to talk about anything that you want!Schedule a Video Chat