Great Western Half Marathon
The Great Western Half Marathon is an annual half marathon hosted by the Fox River Trail Runners. The race, which is USATF certified, is run on the scenic Great Western Trail, which is mostly flat, consisting of asphalt and crushed limestone screenings.
This race does have a history of selling out in advance!
Run Training Plans
Training for a race? We've partnered with our friends at Runna to offer an exclusive discount for RunGuides users. Their personalized running coaching app builds tailored plans to help you achieve your goals; whether you're training for a faster 5k or your first Marathon.
Runna was created by a team of professional running coaches, including Olympic athletes, who have years of experience helping everyone from beginner runners to elite athletes.
Why use Runna
- #1 rated personalized training plans for 15+ different goals
- Holistic support (nutrition advice, strength training, injury prevention)
- Syncs with your favorite fitness trackers
- Global community of runners to share progress
- In-app support from a team of coaches (you can message them directly!)
Thousands of people are using Runna to train for all race distances, everything from 5k/10k runs to 100k + multi day ultras.
Download the app and use code RG20 to get a free week plus 20% off your first month.View Training Plans
Find your running pace and splits, and learn if you can outrun dangerous animals with the RunGuides run pace calculator.