Life Time Chicago Half Marathon & 5K
Did you know that this race is part of a series of runs? If you like this race you may want to run one of the following Life Time events.
Marathon Training for Chicago Runners
Want to run a marathon in 2023? Every year the Chicago Area Runners Association (CARA) helps thousands of runners get ready for Bank of America Chicago Marathon, and other fall marathons with their group workouts.
Why Run With CARA?
Whether you're a newcomer or experienced runner, CARA's training plans meet you where you're at. Group long runs happen at multiple locations in the city and suburbs. You can join group runs at any location!
Training program includes:
- 18-week training plan with five options (Novice, Novice II, Intermediate, Advanced, and Run/Walk)
- 6-week pre-season training guide to prepare you for the season
- Long runs led by group leaders
- Coach led track workouts
- Training guide and weekly education newsletters
- Video guided marathon strength training plan
- Marathon Kick-Off Clinic and Final Miles education resources
- Hydration support at training runs
- Entry to the Ready to Run 20 Miler
- Access to the Marathon VIP Experience on Bank of America Chicago Marathon race day
- Private toilet access at the Bank of America Chicago Marathon start corrals
- Rush Physical Therapy Injury Hotline
- CARA Training Tank and Ready to Run 20 Miler Finishers Shirt
Learn More About CARA Training
Find Accommodation Near Life Time Chicago Half Marathon & 5K
Use this map to find hotels and airbnb accommodation near this race location.
Find your running pace and splits, and learn if you can outrun dangerous animals with the RunGuides run pace calculator.