Get to Know Your Running Clubs - San Diego Run Club Foundation
In this edition of Get to Know Your Running Clubs we chatted with Lee Ann Yarbor, the lead run coach at the San Diego Run Club Foundation. Want to learn more about them? Read on!
Tell us a bit about the club history, how did the San Diego Run Club Foundation get started?
We have been a running club for the past 9 years.
Nice! Tell us a bit about your members
We have members of all different running levels. Most of our runners are training for marathon and half marathon distances, ranging in paces between 6/min miles - 15/min miles.
Where/when do you usually meet and run?
- MONDAYS (Spring - Fall only): HILL RUNS at Torrey Pines, La Jolla @ 5:15PM (Coach Rachelle)
- TUESDAYS (year round): TRACK at Mission Bay High School @ 5:30pm (Coach Lee Ann)
- THURSDAYS (year round): TEMPO at Lake Murray, La Mesa @ 6am (Coach Patricia)
- THURSDAYS (year round): TEMPO at Bonita Cove, Mission Bay @ 6pm (Coach Patricia)
- SATURDAYS (year round): LONG RUNS various coastal locations @ 6:45am (all coaches)
New members pay $89 for 6 months and returning members pay $69 for 6 months.
Is the club affiliated with any events?
Yes, we are affiliated with USA Endurance Events.
Where are your favourite spots to run in/around the city?
The train run is my favorite. We take the train from Solana Beach to Oceanside and run back.
Do you have any favourite races? Outside of anything that you’re affiliated with
The San Diego Half Marathon is my favorite race of the year.
Want to learn more?
Want to connect with the San Diego Run Club Foundation, or just learn a bit more about them? Check out their information below:
Looking for runs in and around San Diego? The RunGuides San Diego race calendar can help you find upcoming runs and running races in the area - www.runguides.com/san-diego/runs